next tuesday we find out if our baby is a boy or girl, if baby decides to cooperate and not get all modest on us.
just for fun, here are a few of my “symptoms” and old wives tales that have predicted the gender of our baby–like most women, i’ve got some predictions on both sides, so i guess these aren’t the most scientific ways to tell!
Its a Boy because:
- the chinese gender predictor says so
- i’ve been having headaches
- pregnancy hasn’t been too hard (yet) on my looks
- my pillow faces North when i sleep
Its a Girl because:
- the heartbeat is always over 140 bpm
- i’ve been prone to breakouts since i’ve been pregnant
- the wedding ring on a string test says so
- i’ve “developed” in some areas since being pregnant
- i’ve had terrible morning sickness (and an unexpected relapse! after 2 weeks of no morning sickness, i haven’t kept hardly anything down this week)
i have a feeling that i am having a boy, though most people i know think i’m having a girl. of course, my feeling is mainly based on a dream i had about having a boy, and also that i have always felt that i am more the type to be a mother of boys than of girls…and boys are just so uncomplicated, rowdy and fun!…so maybe i do have the tiniest little bit of a preference for having a son first, though I would love to have some of both eventually.
really though, either way will be wonderful. its funny to think that even the day B and i first met, when we were just 18 years old, God had planned for us to be together for the rest of our lives, and planned the children we’ll bring (and are bringing) into this world. He’s prepared us for whatever we have first, boy or girl, in ways that we might not have even realized.